The idea I've had is to spend at least 2 days a week on an "adventure" with Halina. So far, we've made it for at least 1 adventure each week. It's not bad considering I'm piecing together a space for a dishwaher in our kitchen and new windows for our home. Thank goodness I have the summer to accomplish these tasks and I'm even more thankful that Halina's giving me the excuse to play a little!
Although my latest update is that I may need to take it easy on the adventures, I spent the Sat. night after the farm tours getting very sick and going to the ER for dehydration - not fun.
I've also found out that I have gestational diabetes - also not fun because it means a serious diet from sugars, including fruit!
We spent Saturday morning visitng a coupld of farms on a "Farm Tour 2009 for MD". It was really wonderful to first visit a small family farm with goats and chickens, then a larger farm where we picked raspberries and blackberries; which we all enjoyed.
Halina has discovered corn on the cobb and loves to eat it, as long as her Dad is holding it and turning it for her to bite.
Here are Emily, Halina and I at the Baltimore aquarium. This place gets packed! They also have times entries an hour or more after you buy the ticket. But, the tanks were still a huge hit with Halina. The first one we came across was at her level and she tried walking right through the glass!We arrived after an unintentional tour of Baltimore that had us all nervous and a state of awe. I came a little closer to wanting a GPS in my car....
Our nearby Brookside gardens has the best bitterfly exhibit imaginable. Halina had a blast trying to "pet" the butterflies, until one landed on her head, she then became very cautious....
Our nearby Brookside gardens has the best bitterfly exhibit imaginable. Halina had a blast trying to "pet" the butterflies, until one landed on her head, she then became very cautious....
Our new friend, Emily, went with us : )
The National Arboretum with Lauren
2 comments:
I love that Halina hugs your belly at the end of the video.
However, that does not compare to the wonderful humor in her dancing video =) I have watched her dancing again and again - I love it!
I didn't realize there was a video until I read Erin's comment. Thank you, Erin. I just love the video's. And, yes, I too have watched the dancing video more than a few times. Love, grandma Grace
Post a Comment