Thursday, July 9, 2009

Green baby ideas, please share yours...

With the summer comes some of the "projects" I've started and have put on hold, meanwhile I'm always trying to think of ways to be more green with my kids. I'll start by saying that I love hand-me downs, they make it easy to not feel guilty having cute clothes. I do have a couple of favorite consignment shops. Between clothes and toys, there are few things I feel the need to buy new. Though, PJ's with feet and car seats are the two things that I've bought new.



Bum genius diapers have been great, when I'm home. I bought 12 at the first 2 stages and they definitely paid for themselves. I have to do lots of wash, but I've found that I do that anyway....



Books are a weekness, so yard sales are a wonderful place to pick up books. And the library is a great place to get to know and use.


For those of us who have used formula:

I've found that detagging them, and recovering in cool craft paper make great containers for crayons, chalk, small toys, and even gifts filled with cookies and brownies. Actually this has been a great move as Halina reaches 20 months. She loves asking me to open the lids and pull out smaller toys. It keeps them organized and makes it "novel" each time.



The thick plastic bags that the onsie's and baby clothes come in are great to make diaper bags, car packs, and weekend organizers.



I've stopped printing photographs, unless I know they are going into a frame or for family and friends. This blog has helped.


I carry around an aluminum water bottle ALL the time.



No comments: