Sunday, April 3, 2011

Springtime - is it here yet?

Soccer
Halina is registered for Soccer.  She is head strong and energetic.  I've taken the approach of signing her up for something each chance I get in hopes of finding the 'right' activity for her (YMCA mini-sports, ballet, gymnastics, soccer). 
So far, I've realized that she doesn't do exceptionally well with anything when I'm with her, gymnastics is the only activity where an adult does not stay.  When I'm there, she ends-up begging for a 'snack' or unfocused and ready to leave. 
Our first soccer experience, my neighbor had to help since I had Caroline and the kids need an adult the whole time.  Halina did "ok" but was persistent in asking for a snack the whole time.  This past Sat., I had a plan for how to do better.  Halina announced that she didn't want to go to soccer, that she wanted to go to gymnastics.  hmmm
So what was my plan? 
Typical efforts at a breakfast - frozen waffles and oatmeal - then handing over her favorite "snack" on the way.  Bringing a push toy for Caroline....

Yard Work
Our lettuce hasn't made it into the ground.  But, pansies have and the girls love them, so does Luigi...  They are in pots all around the deck and Caroline pulls off the flowers.  I'm fine with it because they are edible.  Today I transplanted hostas and put down mulch. The highlight?
worms
Halina LOVES worms.  She tells them, "I loves you"....  She gathers them and calls them 'Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma...'

Outtings
Friday night we went to my high school's 'HS muscial'.  I had meetings until 5PM, fed the girls fast food, allowed/ encouraged Halina to get "dressed-up" for the play (she chose a tutu), met up with Emily and Amanda, picked-up ice cream, and we were on on way...
Halina loved it, only she wanted to go onto the stage..
Caroline was enthused with the seats... she ran up and down the isles, the entire time. 
We left at intermission - it was a success.
Sunday we attempted church, for the second time in a month.  It was a bit more successful, given that Caroline and I didn't show until the last 20 minutes.  Emily took Halina to the Children's mass and when given the option, she said she would pray for Caroline : )

2 comments:

Rika said...

Halina and the worms - too cute. Love it.

xo

Unknown said...

tough decision on the house. my thoughts on the downstairs...I like the idea of the dining room and kitchen being connected but I don't like the idea of walking into the dining room when entering the house. I think if the bar is kept between the kitchen and living room for easy meals then I would go with the dining room in the back of the house. how many people can sit at the bar?

Upstairs - because you have so much space in the the basement for office/playroom, I would go with the large bedroom plan. Though I could see an argument for the upstairs study being a playroom and all kids stuff stays upstairs. we have friends with this type of layout and it works great. Have you thought of two sinks upstairs?