We've decided on Plan B for both floors... Work should begin June 1st...
Thank you all for sharing comments and ideas! : )
Below is a possible plan for our furniture:
Please vote for the 1st and2nd floor plans (either A or B for each floor) that you think would be best in the comments section below. Either way, it will cost around the same, and we will plan to have our bedroom on the first floor....
1st floor front entrance hallway - Plan A
1st floor side entrance hallway - Plan B
2nd floor 2 bedrooms with storage - Plan A
2nd floor 2 small bedrooms with large study - Plan B


6 comments:
Hello
Hey - this is exciting!
It is great the the wall seperating the current living room from the rest of the space will be opened up.
Chandler and are voting for:
1st floor option A: it seems a little more open since there is no wall between the DR and the little hall in front of the bathroom. Also, that means easier access to and better location for the coat closet (instead of having to walk arond to get to it in plan B). You can switch the functioality of the front and back room ( LR vs DR)
2nd floor:
Even though separate storage is really nice, we like the 2BR plus study option the best. That space could be a study/play room, it is nice and open.
Only consideration is whether or not you will be cramped for storage without it?),
And a comment about plan A (the storage option): although the bedrooms are a little biger, the closet in the right one is somewhat wasted space because of difficult access and the window there.
Your plans look great!
I vote for option B for both floors.
First floor - I like having a bigger living room space as well as more closet space. It also makes your room seem more like a master bedroom with the entrance on the side. The only downfall that I see is that visitors will still use that bathroom. Also, the dining area is farther from the kitchen, but ours is like that too and it does not bother me.
Upstairs - I really like having a study/play area with smaller bedrooms. There is less storage in this plan, but you can get find some creative ways to have storage in the study area if you need it.
I like option B better for both floors. I think for the first floor, it's better to have a bigger living room than dining room, plus it will be easy to keep an eye on the kids in the living room from the kitchen with that layout.
For the 2nd floor, while the bedrooms are pretty small in option B, I like the study which could be used as an extra playroom - it would be great for slumber parties! Even though there is less storage in that option, you still have all of the basement to store things.
Very exciting!
I would say it depends if you spend more time in living room or dining room? I would opt for a bigger living room if you spend more time in this room.
The study upstairs could also be a guest room, office, etc. Would be nice.
xo
Woody also votes for B for both floors =)
We also agreed that it's a lot easier to pick plans for someone else's house than it was for our own.
Post a Comment