



4 beautiful days with family - something to be thankful for...
Thanksgiving morning was cold and rainy, but Michal and I ran the Bethesda/ Silver Springs YMCA Turkey Trot - a 10K together! It was so much fun. I can't say I've ever run an entire race with anyone, but it was great; Michal stuck with me and we ran it in under 55 minutes.
Thanksgiving day meal:
Turkey in maple brine (11lb organic turkey), twice baked potatos, sweet potato pie, cranberry sauce, sausage stuffing, and green beans... great, but missed the stuffed mushrooms this year.
Friday my Mom and I shopped at local shops with Caroline and Halina went hiking with Michal and my Dad. Saturday we did dinner out at the Scottish Mile and then walked Brookside's gardens. Sunday Michal and I did a trail run ealry and we went to the zoo.




Stuffing Recipe that was a BIG hit. I tripled the recipe for the day care provider's luncheon.
Ingredients
1 pound mild Italian sausage
1 large onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 (14 ounce) package cubed stuffing
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup melted butter
Directions
In a large skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is brown. In a large bowl, place cubed stuffing. Add sausage mixture. Sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Pour broth and butter over the top and toss to combine. Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish; cover. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Grease pan before baking. http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/easy-sausage-stuffing/Detail.aspx
Nutritional Information Amount Per Serving Calories: 491 | Total Fat: 28.6g | Cholesterol: 63mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
1 comment:
You guys are badass runners. Nice!! Love the lights.
xo
Post a Comment