Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reo Family, please read below

A Reo Family story book?




Check-out the family calendar I put together - anyone can order, just follow the link.
http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/projectshareewelcome/l=7121886015/p=652191292767301605/g=9956705/cobrandOid=1000/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/otsc=SYE/otsi=SPBKlink/
I would like to put together a family "book"What do I need from you? Stories... lots of them, e-mail them to me along with old AND new pictures of your family. I will compile a book for us all to have the story and memories of the Reo family.

I would love to include a few of our family favorite recipes too... Gravy, stuffed mushrooms, knot cookies.... other ideas?

Meatballs (~2 dozen)
1 lB chopped beef
1/3 to ½ lB each chopped pork and veal
2 eggs
4 or 5 slices of bread (hard/ stale) and moistened
Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley to taste
Mix ingredients in bowl, roll out 2 in balls
Fry in olive oil until cooked

Gravy – Red Sauce
Brown garlic in olive oil
3 large cans of whole tomatoes (typically run through the Foley’s Mill)
The meats add flavor..
Meatballs as they finish
Pepperoni (whole – 2to 3 in pieces)
Sweet Italian Sausage

2 comments:

Grace said...

Thank you! Cathy....Love from Mom

reo320 said...

Hi Cathy, This is Missy (Uncle Jimmy's wife). We saw Beth over the
holidays and love,love,love the calendar. I have been searching and asking for old family photo's after the death of Jim and Annette Reo and have some but I can see you have a lot more. I would love to get copies of all you have or whatever your mom has. Do you have the originals? I have an ancestry page that I have been working on with my family and have done some research on the Reo's and their arrival into the USA.
I also have a picture of Vincenzo Reo who was Grandpa Franks father and arrived NYC in 1897 along with his brothers. Please let me know what you have and we can figure out how to exchange the photo's.
Thanks very much.....great blog.
Missy Reo
p.s. we will pay for any costs associated with copying the photo's!