Monday, June 15, 2009

Invitation to visit us

School is almost over for me (only 2 days left) and Halina and I will meet Michal in Wilmington, NC for a week together in the NC mountains. But, starting June 28th, Halina and I will be in Wilmington for 2 entire weeks and we'll happily meet up with any friends while we're there. Starting July 10th we will be home in Silver Springs as a family. Michal will be busy with his first rotation and Halina and I will set-out to explore what the DC area has to offer energetic 17 month olds. I will go back to school on August 24th for a couple of weeks (hopefully), but that leaves most of July and August for visitors. Halina wakes-up by 6:30AM and naps between noon and 2PM. Her bed time is around 7:30-8PM. We have a large and cool basement ready for company (including kids). The back deck is kids friendly and shaded. We also have a great outdoor pool nearby and a park with a train and carousel. Below is the list of things we hope to do this summer. If you want to join us at any point, I'd be thrilled for the company!
Also, feel welcome to comment on the places I've listed or suggest more. We hope to see lots of visitors this summer; DC has sooo much to offer! Did I mention the fresh garden veggies?
My list of places to explore is growing, please add to it,
if you have ideas and suggestions:
1. Zoo (we're members, free parking and snack, can't go often enough)
2. Rainy day trip to the Baltimore Aquarium
http://www.aqua.org/
3. Walk at the National Arboretum - The Coi pond was a big hit, where the fish swim at the top of the water and get as big as 3ft long! There is little shade, so sun hats and snacks are needed. http://www.usna.usda.gov/
4. The Chesapeake Bay Children's Museum
http://www.theccm.org/index.htm
5. Port Discovery Children's Museum
http://fozzie.missionmedia.net/portdiscovery/index.html#plan_visit
6. Horizon Dairy Farm; 100 Dairy Lane; Gambrills, MD 21054; 410-923-7600
8. Butler's Orchard was a hit for blueberries and soon will be for blackberries, http://www.butlersorchard.com/market.htm#
The Crayola factory and Seasame Place are north of Phili and hold some interest, although they may be more age appropriate in the next couple of years...





No comments: